Updated at: 01/06/2023
Global Success through Localized VPS Services
Table of Contents:
- EDIS VPS Server Locations
- Importance of Choosing the Right Server Location
- Factors Affecting Server Performance
- Understanding GEO IP Databases
- EDIS's Commitment to Accurate Geolocation Services
- Renowned Services Collaborating with EDIS
- Tips for Choosing the Right VPS Server Location
EDIS Global VPS Server Locations
EDIS Global offers a wide range of server locations for its Virtual Private Servers (VPS) to ensure precise GEO localization. This helps clients choose the best location for their specific needs, improving performance and accessibility. The servers are hosted exactly at the indicated location and connected through multiple international upstream providers and local Internet Exchanges.
Importance of Choosing the Right Server Location
Selecting an appropriate server location is crucial for optimal website performance, as it directly affects factors such as latency, load times, and user experience. A well-chosen server location can significantly reduce page loading time, leading to better engagement with visitors and higher conversion rates. Choosing a server location that enforces stringent data security regulations can help secure confidential information from unauthorised access.
Factors Affecting Server Performance
- Latency: Latency refers to the delay between sending a request from a client's device to the server and receiving a response back. Higher latency results in slower page loading times; therefore choosing a server closer to your target audience will generally result in lower latency.
- Data Center Infrastructure: The quality of infrastructure within data centers plays an essential role in determining overall server performance. EDIS ensures top-notch infrastructure by partnering with reliable upstream providers across all its 48 global locations.
- Traffic Congestion: High traffic volumes on networks surrounding your chosen data center may lead to congestion issues affecting site speed or even causing downtime during peak hours if not properly managed by service providers like EDIS.
- Local Regulations: Hosting your website in a country with strict data privacy laws can help protect sensitive information from unauthorized access, ensuring compliance and reducing the risk of legal issues.
In order to provide the best possible VPS hosting experience, EDIS prioritizes precise GEO localization by offering an extensive range of server locations across the globe. By understanding the factors affecting server performance and considering them when choosing a location, you can ensure optimal results for your website or application.
Understanding GEO IP Databases
Geolocation databases are essential for providing accurate info about the whereabouts of users and devices on the web. These databases store essential data related to IP address ranges, including geographical details such as country, region, city, and latitude/longitude coordinates. Network coordination centers maintain these databases to offer precise geolocation information for services like VPS hosting.
Types of Network Coordination Centers
Different network coordination centers are responsible for managing IP addresses and their associated geolocation data across various regions worldwide. Some prominent examples include RIPE NCC, which covers Europe, Middle East, and Central Asia; ARIN, responsible for North America; APNIC, covering Asia-Pacific; LACNIC, serving Latin America and the Caribbean; and AFRINIC, overseeing Africa.
How Geolocation Data is Stored in WHOIS Databases
WHOIS databases, operated by network coordination centers like RIPE NCC or ARIN, contain valuable information about assigned IP address ranges along with their corresponding geo-information. When an organization receives an allocation of IP addresses from one of these coordinating bodies, they must provide accurate geographic details that get stored within the respective WHOIS database. Below you'll find an example, how such WHOIS records look like:
inetnum: 18.104.22.168 - 22.214.171.124
descr: EDIS Infrastructure in Hong Kong
remarks: Central, Hong Kong
geoloc: 22.2793278 114.1628131
- Data Accuracy: To ensure reliable geolocalization services for VPS hosting providers like EDIS Global (EDIS Global - VPS Hosting in 48 countries around the globe), it is crucial to maintain accurate and up-to-date information within these databases.
- Data Access: Users can query WHOIS databases directly or through various geolocation lookup providers, which obtain their data from reference databases maintained by network coordination centers. This allows for determining a device's location based on its IP address with reasonable precision.
In summary, understanding GEO IP databases and how they store geolocation data is essential for ensuring precise geo-localization services in VPS hosting solutions like those offered by EDIS Global.
Geolocation Lookup Providers & Data Feeds
Numerous lookup providers offer geolocation services by obtaining data from reference databases maintained by network coordination centers such as RIPE or ARIN. These providers often have commercial interests that may limit free access to their database with request limits or freely available, but outdated material.
Examples of Popular Lookup Provider Companies
- MaxMind GeoIP2 Database
- IPInfo.io IP Geolocation API
- IP-API Geolocation Service
- DB-IP Address Location Database
Challenges Faced by Website Operators Using Outdated GEOIP Database Materials
- Website operators who rely on outdated GEOIP database materials risk providing inaccurate information about server locations, which can lead to poor user experience and potential legal issues.
- Outdated geo-information can also impact the effectiveness of content delivery networks (CDNs), causing slow load times and reduced website performance.
- Some businesses might unknowingly violate local regulations due to incorrect server location information, resulting in fines or penalties.
To overcome these challenges, it's essential for website operators to work with reliable lookup providers that maintain up-to-date geolocation databases. EDIS's commitment to providing accurate geolocalization services ensures that its customers receive the most current and precisely geo-located services possible.
EDIS's Commitment to Accurate Geolocation Services
This direct collaboration ensures that these providers have access to first-hand information regarding potential amendments without relying on third-party sources.
Benefits of Direct Collaboration Between Service Provider and Lookup Provider
- Accuracy: By working closely with geolocation lookup providers, EDIS can guarantee up-to-date and accurately geo-located services for its customers.
- Faster Updates: Direct data feeds allow lookup providers to receive real-time updates from EDIS, eliminating delays caused by intermediary parties or outdated or unmaintained databases.
- Better Performance: Accurate geolocation information enables clients to choose the best server location based on their specific needs, ultimately leading to improved performance and accessibility of their hosted services.
Ensuring Up-to-Date Geolocation Information Across All Platforms
To maintain accuracy in its offerings' geographic details, EDIS continuously monitors changes in IP address allocations as well as updates from network coordination centers like RIPE NCC. This proactive approach helps ensure that all platforms utilizing EDIS's VPS hosting services benefit from accurate geolocation data at all times. For more information about their services, visit the official EDIS Global website.
Renowned Services Collaborating with EDIS
To maintain accurate geo-localization details within its services portfolio, EDIS works with a variety of renowned geolocation lookup providers. By providing these services with GEOIP data feeds, EDIS ensures that their customers receive the most accurately geo-located services possible.
List of Well-Known Lookup Provider Companies Working with EDIS
Importance of Collaboration in Maintaining Accuracy
Collaboration between VPS hosting providers like EDIS Global and geolocation lookup providers is crucial for maintaining accuracy in server location data. This partnership allows both parties to share real-time updates on IP address allocations and geographic information.
By collaborating, these two entities can guarantee that customers are supplied with the most precise and trustworthy geo-location data so they can make well-informed choices when selecting a VPS server spot. This collaboration also helps minimize discrepancies between different lookup providers and reduces the likelihood of outdated information being used by website operators.
Tips for Choosing the Right VPS Server Location
When selecting an appropriate server location for your VPS hosting needs, it's crucial to consider factors such as latency, accessibility, and local regulations. Considering the influence of geolocation on performance can help you decide which server location would be most appropriate for your specific needs.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Server Location
- Latency: The time it takes for data to travel between the user and the server affects website loading speed. Choose a server location closer to your target audience to minimize latency and improve user experience.
- Data Privacy Regulations: Different countries have varying laws regarding data privacy. Ensure that you comply with these regulations by choosing a server location in a country where your business operates or has clients.
- Budget Constraints: Hosting costs may vary depending on the chosen location due to differences in operational expenses across countries. Bear this in mind when deciding.
- Target Region: Determine the specific region or country where the geo-blocked service is available. Select a server location that is within or closest to that region.
- IP Address Range: Research the IP address range associated with the server location you are considering. Verify if the IP addresses fall within the range that is allowed to access the geo-blocked service. Some services maintain lists of IP ranges that are permitted, so ensuring your server's IP address falls within those ranges is crucial.
- Bandwidth and Speed: Assess the server location's bandwidth and speed capabilities. Ensure that the connection is fast and stable, as slow speeds or congestion can negatively impact your streaming or accessing experience.
- Reliability and Uptime: Evaluate the reliability and uptime track record of the server location. Downtime or frequent interruptions could hinder your access to geo-blocked services. Choose a server location with a high uptime guarantee and a reputation for reliability.
- Reputation and customer reviews of potential providers helps gauge their expertise in facilitating access to geo blocked services successfully. Positive feedback from users who have used a specific server location indicates that they have experience in this area.
Evaluating Potential Impact on Website Performance
To assess how different VPS locations might affect website performance, consider using tools like KeyCDN's Ping Test, or EDIS Global's Looking Glass Servers which measures response times from various global locations. This will give you an idea of potential latency issues based on geographical distance between users and servers. Additionally, research any regional restrictions that may impact your target audience's ability to access your website. For instance, certain countries have strict internet censorship policies that could affect site accessibility.
By carefully considering these factors and leveraging accurately geo-located VPS Services from EDIS Global, you can make an informed decision on the best VPS server location for your specific needs, ensuring optimal performance and user satisfaction.
In conclusion, choosing the right VPS server location is crucial for optimal website- and service performance. It is essential to understand GEO IP databases and work with accurate geolocation lookup providers to ensure up-to-date geo-information across all platforms. EDIS Global is committed to collaborating with renowned services to guarantee accuracy in its fully geo-located vps services.
If you're looking for reliable, fully geolocated VPS Services, look no further than EDIS Global. Reach out to us today and let's discuss how EDIS Global can provide you with the reliable VPS Geolocation Services you need.
Contact EDIS Global now to get started! https://www.edisglobal.com/